Hot New Sales!

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

River Flows in You


 In Boy Scouts, I got to take an awful lot of camping trips. No trip was ever quite as exciting, though, as the time that my troop. Up from a troop from Duncannon and went on one of their upper-level Scouts favorite summer trip, one in which they kayak 50 miles on the Juniata River. I needed to do I can you trip over 20 miles to get my outdoor exploration merit badge for Eagle Scout, and this seems like a perfect way to do so. So for the first time in a long time, their troops merged with ours, a result of a scoutmaster from my troop being a co-worker with one of the scale masters from their trip.
Also featuring some of these fine gents.
When I went on the trip, I had a lot of emotional baggage that I was dealing with. Any time I could get out the house and get some vacation to myself was much needed. Answer my best friend since middle school so I can seem to be friends with and I decided to become tent mates for this weekend Excursion. We camped out the first night where we were, enjoying s'mores and a bonfire, but in the morning, early in the morning, we would be mulching are canoes and kayaks for the Southern Shores.

It was on this camping trip that I finally realized how much I enjoyed kayaking, as I was invited 2 use one of those neighboring trips kayaks about halfway through. I was reluctant to give my kayak back at the end of the trip, as I had enjoyed it so much. After kayaking the trip, as I had enjoyed it so much. After kayaking several miles downstream and having the time of my life, having some of the deepest conversations on my life on the Riverside, I can never look at canoeing the same way. It was also on this trip that I'm had my first MRE, or meal ready to eat. This invention by the United States Marine Corps is meant as a caloric supplement for soldiers who are either in active duty or in field training, and in my situation, it was a quick meal that could be done with just a little bit of water that had been purified from the river.

Late at night one night, after we stopped at our campsite and had a shower and a snack, I laid in my tent talking with my best friend Joseph. I was overcoming my first heartbreak at this point in time, and I asked him what he thought about whether or not she would remember me years from now. It was then that he delivered some of the most solid advice I've ever had gotten. Simple, but effective. He said, “Always remember as much as you can. Try not to forget anything. Because when you finally do remember, you'll remember that you have forgotten it." Because of the effect it had on me at that time, I still remember those words to this day.

 Between kayaking, river-filled Super Soakers, some moving water, a couple of stray rocks, wonderful side bars along the river, and the camaraderie of both troops, I had the time of my life on this trip. It instilled a sense of adventure in me that lingers to this day, and a sense of adventure in me that lingers to this day, and will always be my favorite camping trip I've ever taken. Until the river calls me home once again, I dream and fondly remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment