Hot New Sales!

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

President's Picnic


President’s Picnic
When I was approximately 4 years old, I went to discover Richard Nixon state park for the first time in my life. There was some activity is being lead for youth education at the time, as we took an interesting personality test to discover what dinosaur we were most like. We then were asked to draw that dinosaur, and the best-looking dinosaur want some sort of prize. To this day, I have the artistic capabilities of figgy pudding, so I did not win the prize. However, inside their ecological Center, I did learn a lot that day about the evolution of species throughout time.

I Revisited Richard Nixon park for the first time since then when I was 22. The ecological Center has ex‐ panded to include exhibits on flora and fauna around the United States and in this part of Pennsylvania that I live in. I stopped by because I wanted to go on a hike and see what their Trails were like, as I had a serious Edge to go out and go hiking one day but no way to fill it without too far of a drive. So, my friend Brett and I found ourselves out at Richard Nixon Park, hiking one of their shortest trails.

This state park has several trails that all loop around or through the periphery of the park and then some. That was transfer time, we decided to take the shortest trail that cut through the center of the park. There were actually a couple of switchbacks on this little Trail, but it eventually led to an open field with a platform in but it eventually led to an open field with a platform in the center of it. I still don't top of the platform and felt omnipotent. I also found a caterpillar on the platform and made friends with it, shooting some pictures before letting him go on the nearby plant.

Before I knew it, time for me to go to work had to come. I knew that before long I would come back and Hike more of the trails one day, still thoroughly impressed at how far Richard Nixon park has come. I will come back to the park to do more hiking as time permits in my hectic schedule and life course.

No comments:

Post a Comment