Hot New Sales!

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Return to the Sun



The second full trip I took to Florida incurred a lot of positive memories. I knew that I could tolerate travel at this point in my life, and on top of that, I was also a legal adult now. That didn't mean that I was no longer a kid at heart, though, as I still was into the same old things that I was always into at this point in time. My mother found cheap tickets to fly from Harrisburg Airport down to Orlando Florida, where are Aunt would once again pick us up as she had for my last trip down to Florida.

This time, we had plans made prior to even arriving. One day would be spent entirely with family. The following day we would drive down to Miami and go shopping for a little bit. That we will take our time driving through the keys for an entire day, remembering to stop and enjoy the scenery in Key West. Then we would drive back up to our hotel in Miami, stay the night, and then drive all the way back up to Orlando.

Before our grandiose plans began, we decided to visit the local Beach, Venice Beach. Ran to my scampered along the shoreline making sandcastles and collecting seashells. I would bring some of these back up to Pennsylvania with me. The beach was beautiful, and there were plenty of sites to see and we have to feel crash upon my face.

My aunt and I let my mother relax for a day, as we took a track up to Winterstown Florida to visit the official Legoland. It was absolutely incredible, as everything there was made out of Legos. Even some of the rides and attractions were made out of Legos. I had a blast, as well as having my first 7-Eleven smoothie on the way back home. Then, my family came to town for a little while.

About a half-dozen of my family members live in Florida, making family reunions rather difficult at times. As fate would have it though, they were all able to come visit one day, and we went out to dinner. Visiting family in a foreign place is wonderful, as you really get to learn more about them in their natural environment versus what you see while they're on vacation. The tables have really turned. I spent a whole day with them, feeling them in about my life and enjoying their presents, before we begin searching for other day trips.

Compared to the first time I went Timberland oh, this trip was more filled with relaxation time. Considering is to hell I was having a very busy last semester of high school, any vacation time was greatly appreciated. This time I was older, wiser, and started blending in with the locals. Even though it was 73 degrees outside, shorts weather for me, the residents of Florida were all wearing long pants and jackets. By the third and fourth day I honestly felt myself doing the same thing. I guess there is one downside to going to Florida in the winter after all.

Although brief, this is a good summation of my time in Florida. Florida is the state with the most amount of retirees, as more people come here to retire than any other state. They want to warm up the cold bones year-round I suppose. Regardless, Florida is a wonderful place that must be visited by one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment