Hot New Sales!

Monday, October 29, 2018

Ancient History

For my last day in Colorado, I went to the Morrison Natural Museum of History first. It was here that I learned about some of the bones that Arthur Lakes and his company had sent to co Marsh Hattie Yale University for a paleontological examination. some of these bones, such as the Allosaurus and Triceratops, we're over 90 million years old, and some fossils were found well before the Jurassic Extinction. It is incredible to see or evolutionary past at play, and even more incredible 2 c rock that are close to a billion years old.
I would NOT want to be impaled by that!

are then decided to take an Uber to the trailhead of Mount Falcon, a peek of right around 8,000 feet. The trails were easy and paved, and I found myself making good time on the trail. I reach the ruins of the Walker home, turned around on the Meadow Trail, and then hiked 2000 feet up the tower Trail to reach the summit. I was so thankful that my Uber driver provided water, because I needed every last drop to forge my way. The views, though? Worth it. 
It can't get much better than this (referring to Colorado as a whole).

I then had an Indonesian uber driver take me to Dinosaur Ridge, where he told me about his culture and the things that he misses about home. His advice to me? "If you want to see Jakarta one day, you'll make it happen. You're a smart kid." I am so thankful to have met this wonderful man in my travels.

Dinosaur ridge was chock-full of cool things to see and do. A proliferation of what I saw at the museum, There ere actual dinosaur tracks in the mountainside from the Cenozoic Era, and bones entrenched in the mountainside from the Triassic Era. Some of the shale here dated back a billion years. After this adventure, I headed to the Airport and said farewells to my new favorite paradise of the world.

Upon leaving, I had to go through additional screenings because of losing my license on the train in Denver. Both of the guys involved in my screen and clearance felt genuinely bad for me for losing my stuff, but also gave me suggestions for further travels and whatnot. both of them had actually been to my home state, and encouraged me to go Explore a museum near my house. Considering as to how my TSA process was extremely painless, I'll have to take him up on that offer.

And so, with a final run to China Wok and Einstein Bros, I disappeared into the airway terminals, met a few really cool people to converse with, and flew into the night. Stay tuned for more adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment