Hot New Sales!

Friday, October 5, 2018

Mansions and Avalanches

On the second day, I took a 4-mile walk 2 the Highland Ranch. I have recovered quite well from a day of hiking prior, so I figured that I would add more insult to injury. After a 5 minute Uber the rest of the way, I arrived.

And to think this building was once a ranch house!


The Mansion is 27,000 sq ft and was first settled in 1884 after a big move by Samuel Allen Long from a farm in Pittsburgh. called Rothersford. it was then toned and expanded upon by John Springer, a businessman from Texas. it was next owned by Waite Phillips, the same person who produced the Tulsa Oklahoma Art Museum from his old house and also established Philmont Scout ranch in New Mexico. in the 80s or so, it was purchased by Lawrence Phipps, the only man to live in the house (and he did so for 39 years). the residents was then finally purchased in 2010 in renovated, and became the beautiful space that it is to this day. after this, I got an Uber from a man who was well versed in the town's history, and who encouraged me to visit local spots. This included the Highline Canal, a feature point of dry farming and great for tubing, the residence of Richard Little, and the Welte Cheese Ranch.
The first room of the facility, and the most opulent.


I then took a ride into Littleton, where I got my next two tattoos at Think Tank South. This was followed by Lunce from Grande Bistro and two beers at Ned Kelly's Irish Pub, some walks at Bega Park, and a light rail trip into Denver. Although I wasn't in Denver long due to heading to a concert that night, I had a blast for the few minutes I was wandering town. I bought after care at Whole Foods for my tattoo and headed back into Highland's Ranch.
Oh Ireland, how I have missed ye.


On my way back to my friend's apartment, I had a great time chatting to some locals, but I made the Fatal flaw of leaving my wallet on the bus. They never found it, so I ended up canceling all of my cars and getting new ones when I return home. This was the pic fall. However, this Pitfall still landed me enough time to go to the Red Rocks Amphitheatre and see a gnarly outdoor concert.

what was really neat about Red Rocks Amphitheatre is that it is settled in a Precambrian River Valley that was dug out and turned into and Amphitheatre. There's so much culture and history here dating back literally millions of years, and I felt quite of these monks all the people who are way too Under the Influence for their own good. We didn't stay long, as tomorrow was another early day filled with canceling credit cards and talking to people about my driver's license, but it was well worth it.
It was too dark for good pictures, but this is the site model.

No comments:

Post a Comment