Hot New Sales!

Monday, October 1, 2018

Into The Rockies

In the middle of August, I decided to visit a friend from undergrad in Colorado, as he was recently transferred to for his job. working for a large security firm meant that he would be at work four of the six days that I was visiting, but this didn't really bother me that much. I always wanted to see the mountains of Colorado, and to see what life was like in the highest state in the United States (no pun intended). And so, even though my airplane was delayed by 2 hours due to maintenance problems, I finally made it to Denver International Airport, and then around 2 in the morning, passed out cold in my friend's apartment in Highland Ranch.

My roommate for the week to come.


On the first day, I decided to challenge myself by walking 1/2 hour to the nearest mall. the air was thick and dry, as I would expect from any state that was set high in the mountains. I also, for some reason, I thought that it would be cold outside, but I was sadly mistaken. And so, I found myself walking past the Children's Hospital near my friend's apartment, and walking through the Windcrest area of Highlands Ranch to get to the local mall. From here, I would do some light shopping, and then proceed to take Uber and Lyft all around town.

As I was walking to the Bakery in which I stopped to get coffee, I heard a car drive by with four very stoned individuals who asked me to flash them. As I exited the coffee shop, I saw the same individuals once more. I pretended to flash them both times, and it made their day. Such are the strange individuals of the highest state.

Next, I took my first Lyft ride in my entire life with a guy by the name of Kenny. He was a very laid-back guy from Southern Colorado who took me to the Littleton Museum, for I learned about the agricultural advances in this area, and where I could also set up on the Gallup Gardens, a small outdoor plant gallery.




What a farm looked like in 1860, before the railroad.



Inside the museum, I was greeted with a plethora of information and a warm invitation to see the to farm exhibits. Although the Farms are only thirty years apart, they were vastly different because of the invention of the railroad. I saw live animals, with volunteer Farm keeps, a volunteer blacksmith, and several informative galleries, including a plethora of propaganda from World War 1.

After the railroad came, houses modernised (ca. 1890).

After indulging the museum and getting trip suggestions from a lady, i decided to check out the nearest dispensary. a 50 minute walk later, i was looking at enough cannabinoids to kill Willie Nelson. the guy I talk to was a sweetheart, and came up from North Carolina himself to experience the state. I bought a sample, pipe, and a lighter and headed back to my friend's apartment.

to round out a beautiful and action filled day, I found myself hiking about 2 miles uphill in Deer Creek Canyon Park just outside of Highlands Ranch. My friends Drew completely underestimated how long the hike was, but it mattered not because we found a loop trail and I was able to shoot some of the coolest photos I have taken in the United States. it was a perfect end to a perfect day.


Views from the mountainside.

No comments:

Post a Comment