Hot New Sales!

Monday, October 15, 2018

Sunflowers and Sad Times

During the weekend, when my friend had off work, we decided to hate our lives a little bit and drive all the way to Kansas. To this day, I am still uncertain as to why we didn't just go to Wyoming.

We drove through 3 hours of nothingness, with the last 40 minutes being slippery dirt roads, and it rained on top of that. All I can say is yay, I got another state hi-point one of my belt. This takes the cake for the most unimpressive state that I've ever been to, though. (Sorry for any Kansas kids reading this.)

The view from the top of Mount Sunflower.

To make matters worse, we actually got stuck in a ditch right as we got to the state high point. It took an hour for the rescue toget to us, an hour for the ride back to the car, 30 minutes to pull it out of the ditch, and an hour back to state line. Needless to say, we had enough excitement for one weekend.

We also hit rain on the way home in a huge stormhead. and then, it all of a sudden stopped. and so I learned two things. One, if you're in the midwest you see a rain cloud, don't chance it, just run. two, the weather will screw you over and then pass by like nothing happened.

Back in town, we had a light dinner and called it quits for one day. Ultimately, I'm thankful that we made it out of Tornado Alley alive. Stay tuned for more adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment