Hot New Sales!

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

The Tea Party


Just as I was starting my semester at HACC, I was invited to an interview at MGH Institute of Health Professions. Considering as to how this was the first graduate school in America 2 give me a call back, I figured I would pretty much be an idiot if I declined to go to the interview. Plus, it was an excuse to go on another adventure, which I am always looking for. So, my best friend Brett and I set out on Thursday morning for Ashfield, Massachusetts, to rest our heads at his aunt's house.

On the way up, we decided to try and lock down two more state highpoints, the S slope of Mount frissell in Connecticut, and Mount Greylock in Western Massachusetts. As fate would have it, the roads to the top of both mountains we're closed because of snow. In New England, you can expect there to be snow closures of hiking trails from October until February at a minimum, and we found this out the hard way. So although we got close, it was no cigar.

Along the way, we decided to stop for a beer and wine for his aunt and uncle, seeing as to how them offering to put us up for two nights saved us upwards of $80 on an Airbnb. They also provided a lot of useful information regarding things to see and do in Boston, which provided to be quite the excitement for Brett while I was in my interview for grad school. We had some pizza, a couple of beers, great conversation, and hung our hats for the night.

Shortly thereafter the next morning, we set out for Riverside bus station outside of Boston, about a two-hour drive away. We paid the flat rate parking of $6 per day, bought an all day pass for subway bus and Ferry for about $12, and rode the subway to our respective destinations. He was touring Berkeley, and I was going to North Station.

After getting off at the North Station, I have to Huff it about a mile to get to the school. It contains only a few buildings, but all were state-of-the-art of prestigious. I checked in shortly after noon, noticing that I was very under dressed compared to all of my new found friends, situated into a small group of new colleagues, learned about them and where they are from, and got prepared for the day.

Needless to say, throughout the entire day, learning about their facility and teaching them about me through the plethora of questions I have asked was quite an exhilarating experience. And I'm sure level doctorate program and the first-of-its-kind in New England, they had a big emphasis on Research. I love research, and I want to do that in the future, so I was very excited to learn about this. We toured the buildings, I'm at The Faculty, got background information, and before long, it was time for our small group interview.

Of the 90 students there, we were from 25 different states Plus Israel. My interview group had three people including myself, and my comrades were from Illinois and Connecticut respectively. Are interview are actually took the time to read our resumes and ask those questions pertaining there too, which was very comforting. I earned some brownie points by talking about music and research and my interest in the field, which I hope Landon me and favorable standing for admissions. Although there is no housing on campus, I was willing to take the dive financially to get my doctorate in 3 years and a school that partners with Harvard.

The Capitol House of Boston.

After the interview, we spent some time mingling with teachers, current students, and other prospective students. That made quite a few new friends this day, and before long, the day was over, and I was hopping on a fairy across Boston to meet with my friend at a local bar. I walked 20 minutes out of the way to cheers at Beacon Hill, only to find out that he was at the cheers at Federal Hall. I had him walk to me, and then we sat down for a satisfying dinner at the set of a TV show before heading back home on the subway. Along successful day for both of us, we were quite content, and found a second home in Boston.

After this endeavor, we headed home through Rhode Island and Connecticut, stopping for lunch where my friend John has worked since graduating from school in Providence. I said hi, chatted with him, and headed back to Pennsylvania. We thenceforth stopped at Louis’s Lunch, the home of the American hamburger, in New Salem, Connecticut. Overpriced, but worth the novelty. Then, we drove until dark befell us and we eventually arrived home, one successful trip later.

No comments:

Post a Comment