Hot New Sales!

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

The Pure State


When I was sending out applications for grad school, I didn't think that I would get any offers for interviews here in the states. I especially didn't think that a school in Indiana would offer to interview me. And more specifically, I didn't think that a Wesleyan Christian University would want to interview me for school. But alas, not long after my interview in Boston, I was getting offered an interview spot in Indiana Wesleyan University on the last Friday in February.

Given that I was driving right out in that general direction, I decided to visit Michigan, the pure state. My cousin on my dad's side lives in Michigan, but I wanted to add another state to the list of states that I visited. I set my sights for Ann Arbor, because I knew if I went to Detroit, I'd be tempted to cross the border into Canada. This time around, I didn't have time to do so, so Canada will be saved for another day.

After an eventful 7 hours of driving, I arrived in Ann Arbor Michigan. Along the way, I saw Lake Erie, drove past Cleveland, saw a bit of Cedar Point in Sandusky Ohio, took some quick pictures of Toledo Ohio, saw license plates from New Hampshire, New York, and Quebec, and Alabama, and finally entered the state of Michigan. I was surprised at how relatively flat
compared to Pennsylvania.

If only I had more time to see more of the city, I would have done so. But alas, I made a quick stop and then hit the road for Indiana for my grad school interview. Detroit and Lansing are both huge cities, and there are a lot of big colleges in Michigan. One of my friends went to Hope College in Holland Michigan, which I would have loved to go to and visit if it was not 2 hours out of the way. The highest point in Michigan was 7 hours north of Ann Arbor, so that will have to be saved
for another trip as well.

After remembering how much big city driving stressed me out, I managed to find cheap parking for a buck 20 per hour. I then went to the Hands-On House Museum and Central Ann Arbor, passing some local shops and coffee shops along the way. Inside the museum, I learned some awesome things about sound, light, water, and other natural phenomenon. The whole exhibit is very kid friendly and worth a visit. There's another installment in Lancaster Pennsylvania which I went to when I was 11. Excited to say that I had visited one of the biggest cities in Michigan, I thenceforth hit the road for Indiana.

My Day Stop!
Overall, Michigan has a lot to offer. I already know that I'll be back sometime in the future. I'm not sure when, but I will cross into the peer State once more in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment