Hot New Sales!

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

On the Way Home


Before we know it, our nine day stint in Iceland had come to an end, and we were on our way home. There were a couple things that I noticed during the process of getting back to the states that I will go in death about. All in all, although we didn't get to see or do nearly half the stuff we wanted to, we still had a wonderful time being present in Iceland for 9 days. There are few things that I noticed about the country in general, all of them worth mentioning for the sake of you there future Travelers.

Having to fly home and go back to reality is always Bittersweet, so make sure you allow extra time 2 prepare for the departure. We showed up to the airport pretty much as they were starting to line up at the gates, and we had two entirely rush through our car rental return. There was also a lot of things to check out within the airport that we didn't have time for it because we had to rush.

Security check and Iceland was not near as tedious as it was in the states. As long as you were quick and efficient everything went well, but all the people or friendly, sympathetic, and easy to talk to. Amongst the people that didn't speak much English in my travels, they lied and small towns, and and most of the airport was completely fluent in conversational in more than two languages.

I also learned that in Iceland, they can pull you at random from the security line and run an extra security check on you. This happened to my friend, and I actually thought he wasn't going to make the plane home because of how long they were taking to search him and everything.

Traveling around Iceland also reminded me to really take time to slow down and enjoy the small fine parts of life. Living like the Icelandic means living happily and humbly, being happy to offer your services to anybody in any capacity whenever possible. That has a special to become handy now that tourism has taken off again since the option of a flu local in 2011. In actuality, though, Iceland is a mighty Powerhouse of an island that deserves the respect it should get. So completely isolated for most of the world for centuries, besides by boat, they've mostly been isolated since their Inception.

The last major lesson I reflected upon as we boarded the plane was the following... Always try to learn the language and culture of the Locale before you get there if you want any sort of positive learning experience. It is best to see everything through the eyes of the beholder. There are Icelandic courses online, so if you start now, you'll be an expert by the time you decide to go. :-) just be warned, because it's grammar and vocabulary is largely based on Old Norse, it is very difficult language to learn.

A week and a half in the land of the ice and snow was not enough to fulfill me. Leaving Iceland left me wanting more, excited for the next time that I can return to see the rest of the country. I will be going again sometime in the near future. Especially because I want to see Greenland from the plane again. And I want to go hoking, see the midnight sun, and bathe in the Blue Lagoon. Will you be joining me when I go?

No comments:

Post a Comment