Hot New Sales!

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Wake-Up Smoothie!


For another beautiful addition to my blog, I would like to share a recipe that I sometimes use that is a great pick-me-up for mornings on the go or for a pre-workout boost. This recipe has most of the major food groups in it, and it contains a great boost of macronutrients as well. When I know I'm going to be traveling, I will make little Ziploc bags with all of my ingredients in them, and double bag it to prevent any leakage from occurring in my lunchbox (as I throw it around in my car quite often) . If I know I have a long day ahead of me, I will prepare a smoothie the night before and refrigerate it in my thermos.

If you feel really creative, you can even try making a fermented or all-natural version using products from Cultures for Health! You can even make your own Yogurt using this Yogurt starter in your kitchen!

So, without further ado, your lean, green, vegan machine!
Example of what your smoothie could look like. Photo Credits go to Tasha.


Wake-Me-Up Smoothie

Makes one huge serving

1 tbsp protein powder (I use pea protein)
1-2 tsp peanut or cashew butter
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 banana
3/4 cup kale
1/2 cup almond milk
1/4 cup coconut or almond "yogurt"
1 Tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
1/3 cup rolled oats (optional)

Steps:

1) Pull out and thaw your ingredients.
2) Unsheathe the food processor.
3) Put everything in the food processor and let'er rip.
4) Enjoy breakfast on the go!

No comments:

Post a Comment