Hot New Sales!

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Bus through darkened woods


In the middle of November, followed one day after my trip to Bruges, I found myself heading to visit a friend who lived in Northern Finland. It would be a great way for me to disconnect, despite the general populace not speaking very good English, and me not speaking any Finish except for hello and thank you. I bought an expensive uber and went to crash out for a night.

The next morning, every uber was busy - except one. Thank goodness my bus (OnniBus, specifically,) was late by five minutes, or I would have surely missed it. But, the journey ahead, and a bus with free wifi, I had plenty of time to catch up on studies and blogging. And, wishing I knew more of the crazy language.

And somehow it would come to pass, that the sun would set at 3:30 in the afternoon. I was on a bus for right around 10 hours (stopping only for food in Vaasa that i needed to translate the title of), speeding towards Kemi, a small coastal town just below Lapland in North Finland.

No comments:

Post a Comment