Hot New Sales!

Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Architecture in Helsinki



After waking up at a couchsurfing spot hosted by four individuals from Finland, Sudan, Canada, and Spain respectively, I sprinted to the bus station to try and figure out how their bus system worked.

Before I knew it, I was on a bus for nine hours once again. I missed my stop on purpose and ended up in Helsinki, the country's capital.

Besides not being able to speak a drop of Finnish, Helsinki reminded me almost exactly of a colder and darker London. Old beautiful buildings, lovely cafes, the unfortunate issue of homeless beggars, and so many things to do in a five-mile radius. I had to catch a train back to the Airport, so I didn't stay long. However, the beautiful introverted people of Finland made a lasting impression on me that may have me coming back one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment