Hot New Sales!

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Homebound from Texas


After a long trip to Dallas, that was also not quite long enough, we left my buddy's apartment around 7am. I downed my leftover mexican food, took my morning medication, and departed for the airport, listening to audiotapes along the way. i then sat in the airport for 5 hours, eating some gourmet oatmeal from Cereality and drinking some Peet's Best coffee.

although I thoroughly anticipated a long and boring plane ride, I had made a silent prayer the previous night that I was sitting next to somebody interesting. It was answered. A realtor from Georgia who have been living in Texas for the past 20 years. She and I talked for the entire 3 hour long plane ride. As it turns out, she was coming to Lancaster, a small town about 1/2 hour from where I live, to spend some time with one of her High School girlfriends. This was probably the first time I heard of anybody willingly going to Lancaster or any part of the surrounding area. I encourage her to keep in touch with me about her Journeys, exchanged a hug and contact information, and then went on our separate ways.

now with a completely drained bank account, I arrived back home. It's been real Dallas, and I will miss you dearly until I see you again.


No comments:

Post a Comment