Hot New Sales!

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Hitting the City of Dallas


On my final day before heading to the airport, I spent some time walking around the city and enjoying the sites to be seen. It was a drafty day of about 6 degrees, and markedly cooler than the last couple of days, which definitely showed its effect on the Locale of Dallas. And so far that no there, somewhere wearing jackets, and I even saw a gentleman wearing a hakama with combat boots for whatever forlorn reason.

One of my friends gave me some solid advice as an aspiring traveling blogger, and that was to not be pretentious or facetious in my Approach 2 Logan. This encouraged me to not take a gap year of any sort, to not blow any scholarships on traveling instead of giving the money to somebody who can actually use it, and to not say such things like you have not lived until you have backpacks through the Andes mountains or sips coffee Atop The Eiffel Tower. Instead, and encourage me to be humble. I will talk more about this in a later post. For now, I will strap my boots up, and enjoy the half hour walk to my first destination.

The walk from the apartment 2 the Dealey Plaza 6th floor Museum was, in a word, mortifying. Not necessarily because of natural events or nature, but because of humans. I had to walk under the freeway, which was much less comfortable than I had hoped. however, it created the very nice draft, and the Roar of the highway sounded like a roar of a Jet Plane passing overhead.

Dealey plaza museum was, in a word, sobering. to think that the youngest president's life was purchased for $12.78 for a Russian defector is harrowing. I also briefly checked out the old red museum vefore heading to my next stop.
I thence went to the historic Dalls Museum of Art, where I met two ladies whowere learning Arabic just as Inwas - Xandria, from Serbia, and Yula, from Hungary. Being a Pennsylvania native, being asked about my culture through the perspective lens of language adaptation and fascination with diversity was quite wonderful, and very unexpected. The best gifts come as surprises.

The Perot Science and Nature museum was my last stop durng normal museum hours, and a memorable one as well. I got to experience the dental Letty chamber individual reality stimulator, learn more about our biology, smell a corpse flower for the first time, make impulses with my brain, and feed awesome shooter music. No was only better for an hour, but it was an hour well spent.

The building that JFK was shot from.
Afterwards, I went to the Samurai collection, a small collection of feudal Japanese armor and trinkets. From here my friend picked me up to take me to the Reunion tower, the 15th highest building in Dallas, and the only with a 360° panoramic view. both of these things were amazingly breathtaking in their own respective ways.

On the way to dinner, we passed bail bond streets, which is a sad reflection of the community's incarceration status. I didnt even know these kinds of venues existed, much less that there was no less than 15 bail bond centers with bright flashy advertisements right next to one another.

Visiting Boy Scout's Headquarters in America!
We ended the Night by eating in a small Mexican restaurant and then by having a beer in Deep Ellum, the growing grunge District of Dallas. It was my buddy's birthday, and it was a birthday well spent, enjoying the evening together. All in all, I need at least another week to do even half of the things that are to be done in Dallas. There is simply so much to see and do, it is almost impossible to get bored here.


No comments:

Post a Comment