Hot New Sales!

Thursday, August 30, 2018

The Royal Dukes

I'm uploading this post you're not only discuss a British restaurant that was referred to me by a colleague from my master's program, but also to put forth an update on the happenings of my life.

Back in June of 2018, I got accepted to Brunel University in London. An entire month of stress and paperwork later, I was all but 2 weeks away from flying overseas to start the next stage of my life. I always dreamed of expatriating, and I've also always dreamed of studying abroad, but this reality seems almost too good to be true when it finally came.

I wouldn't just be doing a semester abroad. I won't be doing an entire master's degree abroad, at the only School in Europe that was accredited in occupational therapy in the United States. I was literally on my way to becoming an accredited therapist on the international scale.

The Counter, in all its glory.


I wanted to involve myself in as much internationally related things as I could before and during my time in London. and so, I sat down at a little British pub near the zoo in Washington DC to start scribbling out this blog post.

I will be heading out most of my Journeys into a diary, and eventually releasing these notes as part of a book, which I will tentatively call "Stranger in a Strange Land". I will talk about everyday life, adversities, discrepancies, finances, traveling, and so much more, all from the eyes of a non-native to the countries I reside in.

I decided to try both the Curry Poutine and the Spicy Aubergine Sarnie at this cute little corner of British Paradise, aptly named Duke's Counter. They had a lot of niche recipes I'd never heard of, as well as a full British bar. The pad mostly screamed "American" though, with US Football and Tennis on the tele and American spellings. However, the decor was proper, and the food was delicious.


I beyond elated to have the opportunity to study abroad. Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment