Hot New Sales!

Friday, August 31, 2018

Creekin'

When I was getting ready to go to grad school, I hung out with my cousin and went to his house by a large Creek in lower Pennsylvania. Little did I know, I would be embarking for the adventure of a lifetime. I would be finding some old inner tubes in his backyard, patching them up with duct tape, and floating them down a river.

Now, up to this point in time I have been kayaking and canoeing and Rowing, as well as white water rafting, but I was never in a muddy creek in somebody's backyard. I was either on a lake or a river, and established and public body of water. This was the first time I would be on public property and palisading in a tube in murky and quick Waters. It had just rained and flooded everything except the creek, so the water is definitely moving.

For those of you that have never considered doing anything quite as Redneck as this, you definitely need to. Honestly, those 40 minutes I spent floating down the river or the most translucent and Beautiful Moments of that summer.

Now, it's not to say that this adventure does not come without its perlilous plate of danger. In fact, it was actually somewhat terrifying a parts, as the strong current of the undertow would be dragging me straight into the river bed or into a fallen tree. Being way to tripped out on caffeine also did not help the situation whatsoever. However, it was easily the most fun I ever had in water, despted it being frigid cold. What's my body temperature adjusted though, it was all fine.

And so, I emplore all of you to jump into a creek and float down it sometime soon. It might just be the best hour spent in your entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment