Hot New Sales!

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Zoos and Aquariums


In my life, I have been to several zoos and Aquariums. I've been to the ones in Baltimore, Washington DCf and Cleveland Ohio. 

There's always a lesson to be learned from seeing creatures and someone natural habitats outside of their natural habitat. We can learn so much about ourselves just from watching others.
most zoos and Aquariums are generally fairly expensive. The Baltimore aquarium is no exception, but aside from parking, the zoo in Washington DC is free. the zoo in DC is one of four in the United States to have pandas. I really enjoy pandas and other exotic creatures, so aside from going out into the wild and checking through the brush, this is about as close as I will get to them for a while.

When I was a kid, I went to the aquarium at the age of 7 and fell in love with marine life. In fact, up until I was 12 years old, I wanted to pursue an advanced education in marine biology and study sea creatures and marine wildlife.

The only thing that really changed this was the fact that I didn't want to get swallowed by animals in the ocean. I studied everything that I could about these creatures when I was younger, and I'm so glad I did. I had a wealth of information to offer others around me at the aquarium, from a young age onward.

And then, I found pandas.


Although I am no longer as strong and biology as I once was, it is still a fascination of mine. Admittedly, I wish that the animals kept in zoos and Aquariums had better lives there that were more naturalistic, but at the same time, then I wouldn't be able to know the beauty that is their life. What is most important to remember regardless of circumstance every time we go to, is that these creatures are not pets or toys, but that they are living and sentient creatures who are trying to make their ends meet just as well as our own. Their environment has become as accommodating as possible, but it will still never replicate home. We must always respect the creatures that we see, and enjoy them and appreciate them for what and where they are.

And so I ask you, what will you do to make life better for all living creatures?

No comments:

Post a Comment