Hot New Sales!

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Ana Atakalum Maroco


After returning from Wales, I almost immediately set out for Gatwick Airport to depart for Morocco. My best friend from elementary school recommended the city of Marrakech to me as a nice March getaway. So, I headed to the airport and boarded a plane to visit Africa for the first of hopefully many times.

When I arrived and sorted out my data usage, I stumbled blindly to the bus into town. I paid the bus driver using British Pounds, which otherwise do not work here (as my silly self had forgotten to withdraw local currency). That was fascinating. One thing's for sure: this country Definitely caters to tourists.

I quickly learned that money is money regardless. As I had my suitcase was on me, I was an easy target for ruffians. The first of which was a man who swindled me after leading me to the Riad I was staying at, nearly mugging me with his friend in tow. Fortunately, the Riad’s owner came to the rescue.

After my anxiety dropped, I met the Riad owner and had food and Moroccan mint tea that they had prepared for me. It was one of the finest feasts I had ever had in my entire life, here at Riad 107.

We sorted out the payment and went up to the terrace to talk more and for me to have my first real hookah experience. I have never really smoked tobacco before, so the headrush was immense and lovely.

I retired to bed and prepped myself for a nice getaway into the desert the next day. Stay tuned for more…

No comments:

Post a Comment