Hot New Sales!

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Bjästa, Not Pasta




When I visited my cousin, I also got some time to go and visit the neighbouring town he technically resides in.

There wasn't much going on in this small town, so I largely had to make my own fun. This started by waving hi to everybody that I saw who waved back and smiled as well, and turn on long walks in the snowy Tundra of Northern Sweden.

The only thing really to do in town was to go to the local church and nearby grounds. The modern church was built in the 1800s, they old one-room church building behind that was built in the fifteenth century, and the stone bruise behind that were from the 11th century. They were beautiful, and made the crazy weather worth it.

Going to ICA, the local market, was definitely worth it when I found pepper nut flavored dates and Swedish cinnamon rolls. There was lots of good food to be found there. Right next door to this was Sybilla, the Swedish fast food restaurant, where they nice servers gave me free French fries.

Aside from this, there wasn't much to do in the town. Seeing my cousin was the highlight of this journey, but I know I’ll be back to see the nearby Viking exhibitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment