Hot New Sales!

Monday, May 27, 2019

To those who have big dreams

When I was in high school, I wrote a song called follow your dreams. I released it 3 years later as an undergraduate student and a program that I knew it wasn't right for me. I had Big Dreams, and no idea how I would ever achieve them.

Until, one day, I decided to blindly go after them and start pursuing them with every ounce of energy I had left and my tired body.

Add all I can say, is that I am so glad that I did. I didn't have much money, nor resources, or time, but I still found a way to go out and see the world. 

If there is ever even a passing thought in your mind that you want to live in another country, find out what you need to do for that country in order to become a part of it. Familiarize yourself with local terminology and systems, such as prices of things, their currency, their language, and their social life. Try to hang out with the locals as much as possible and to shy away from what the tourists are doing. where on their mannerisms, how they talk, how they eat, how they think, how they sleep, and how they joke.  

And most importantly of all, learn the resources and finances needed to integrate with this new country. When I was going abroad to study for two years in London, I needed to register myself with the National Institution of health, and renew it every year for about $500 each time. I needed to apply for the biometric residence permit and Visa, which cost roughly $1,000. I need it to pay for extra vaccinations out-of-pocket. I need it to go through criminal clearances in both my country and there's sand and lots of long lines, accumulate a mini cabinet worth of paperwork, and remain on hold for up to 20 minutes of times to speak with people across the pond about various documentation and Licensing processes. sometimes I would wait 4 weeks on the ends to get documents mailed to me.

All of this had to occur before I could even buy my plane ticket and stepped foot in the airport. The process was not easy, but it was greatly worth my time and effort. The memories I made or insurmountable, and the friendships and Partnerships established for lifelong and Limitless.

No comments:

Post a Comment