Hot New Sales!

Monday, December 17, 2018

Turn the Knob


Shortly after summer had started, I felt myself in dire need of an adventure. This is when my hiking partner and I decided that there was no time like the present to go and hike, and more specifically, to take a quick weekend trip to stay overnight in a tent and be one with nature. And so in the middle of June of 2017, that's exactly what we did. We packed up our camping stove and sleeping bags I made out for the middle of West Virginia.


To be fair, if it weren't for hiking and this year desire to go places, and later on, Graduate Studies interviews, I probably would have never willingly gone to most of the states that I have been to. If I die out of the United States map with States I like to live in and/or visit , only about 7 of them would actually make the list. Of those States, I've only been to one of them. So that being said, I answered a completely different world when I went to West Virginia for the first time.

West Virginia, by and by, is a rather poor State. Because of this, it is quite easy to take equity from your home and purchase a huge plot of land or a small Mountain, but on the other hand, 2 fall into a pitfall of constant drug abuse and poverty that surrounds much of the state. A large amount of individuals around the edges work out of state to support themselves, and there's in the middle are usually quiet farmers and home bodied individuals, save the college students.

At 4863 feet, Spruce Knob is markedly different from the surrounding area. It is a geographical dead zone, with no cell signal or modern Technologies, which would freak most millennials comma and because of its extreme change in geography, is a lot cooler than the rest of the surrounding area, but physically and metaphorically. On the drive down, temperature in Western Virginia and Eastern West Virginia( try saying that 10 times fast!) Usually came to an Apex around 93 or 94 degrees Fahrenheit. When we first stepped out of the car to get groceries in a small town about an hour from the campsite, it was about 87 degrees still. usually came to an apex around 93 or 94 degrees Fahrenheit when we first stepped out of the car to get groceries and a small town about an hour from the campsite it was about 87 degrees still. However, when we stepped out on the Mountainside, to get our first view of the surrounding area and take some great panoramic pictures... The temperature drops to about 60. I actually started the shiver in the middle of summer, and although the glacier regions never spreads West Virginia During the Pleistocene period, the after effect of climate extremes was still very prevalent hear.

2 down, 48 to go.

My last camping trip to Cherry Springs, although short and sweet, was very beautiful, but I was ill equipped to act in the middle of a winter camping trip. This time, I knew I wouldn't let anybody down, I would actually come to rather enjoy myself. My last camping trip to cherry springs although short and sweet was very beautiful but I was eloquent to act in the middle of a winter camping trip this time I knew I wouldn't let anybody down, knowing that I was Prepared and ready for whatever lies ahead.

So naturally, when we finally arrived at the campsite, there's a slight rain drizzle. We set up camp quickly in the rain, rearranging some of the furniture accordingly ( Camp table end wash line) and decided we would take the drive up to the highest point of West Virginia. We saw it right at Twilight, and again in the morning before departing for our next part of the adventure. Both times, the view was breathtaking, and it was well worth the drive.

Make sure to see it in the evening, too.
If you're planning on doing hiking up to that State High Point, there are several Trails loaded with switchbacks and beautiful flora and fauna that you can say to the top. However, since you could drive to the top of this one and then take a brisk walk to the observation tower, that is why the ultimately decided to do.

So that being said, I now had to State highpoints under my belt, and I was ready for the next 47. Some of the best memories are made on the open road.


No comments:

Post a Comment