Hot New Sales!

Monday, September 10, 2018

Drum Corps

On the first of August, I went to see my second Drum Corps International (DCI) live show. This year, though, I had not watched any videos of any drum corps performances during the season, so I was going in blind. I also got the special treat of seeing Carolina Crown's afternoon rehearsal at a high school local to the event stadium (Talen Energy outside Philadelphia).

Myself and a friend with three members of the Cavaliers all male drum and bugle corps.
Drum and Bugle Corps started as a stoically American thing in Indianapolis, Indiana, in 1972, after the first few corps wanted provided more intense musical experience for kids under the age of 21. These drum corps wanted more creative freedom outside of church, military, and scout bands.nAnd so, the 47 drum corps (as of 2018) came to knock the socks off of any music afficionado anywhere.
Myself with Justin, trumpet player for the Bluecoats drum corps.
On the night I went, Cadets2 , Phantom Regiment, Blue Knights, Cavaliers, Crusaders, Carolina Crown, Vanguard, BlueCoats and Cadets all performed. Each and every single performer blew my mind. Here are a few more pictures to commemorate my ears getting horn-blasted.

The Blue Knights from Denver, CO.
Cadets2 from Allentown, PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment