Hot New Sales!

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Diving Into the Black Forest

For the next stop in our travels, we would be going to the black forest of Germany (Kirchzarten), a beautiful area that reminds me much of Pennsylvania, and lies just a couple miles from Freiburg. We ran to a couple of locals in our first gas station stop that only spoke German, and at this point in time, I only knew how to say thank you and excuse me and that was about it. But, the scenery reminded me much of my home in Pennsylvania, as did the weather, and the roads. What was markedly different however, were the people of Germany.

Most Germans come off as very serious to Americans; however, they also have a bland sense of humor that is only described as adorable. On the inside, there are some of the easiest people to get along with that I've ever met. And, they are also pretty good judge of character. How I knew for sure, was the fact that a guy at a hot dog stand looked at me and said that I look like the kind of guy who likes caramelized onions on my bratwurst. How could he be more correct?

For the next hotel we stayed at, half of the tour group stayed and Lionheart hotel, and the other half, my half, stayed at a nunnery on top of a mountain with a beautiful view of some small quaint town in the meadows below. The first night we were there, my friend decided to screw with the cows, almost getting gored in the process. Not to mention the giant cow bells around their necks, this cows meant business. In the convent itself though, quiet hours where generally 9 p.m. until 7 a.m., with noble silence to be observed all weekend long. Many good games of Frisbee were played here, and I hiking just outside the convent was incredible as well.

It was a two hour drive to get to our location from the center of Switzerland, but every moment of the drive was just as incredible as the last. But at this point of the trip, we have learned to develop bladders of steel so that we could tolerate long hours of road-tripping without bathroom breaks. After all, our Czech bus driver was always on a mission, and his mission was us.

And so, we on packed our bags and got ready for the days ahead, in which we would be covering a lot of ground. Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment