Hot New Sales!

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Tower City


In north central Pennsylvania, there is a town called Tower City that lies near several mountains. I had to take an opportunity to write about this, because I went up here one summer to visit a friend from undergraduate.

and I am so glad that I did.

I was on the highway for maybe a half hour out of the hour and a half Journey from my house. For the rest of it, I was surrounded by the forest, mountains, Recreational Park areas, fishing zones, and the Appalachian Trail. since starting my new job with a medical company, I had wanted nothing more than to retreat to the mountains again. This came as a perfect opportunity, as I got some much-needed forest therapy. I needed this time so badly, that I actually put my phone on silent and stopped voice-recording any book or blog notes I was working on, turned off my mp3 player, and enjoyed the Roaring glands through the trees for a solid 30 miles until I arrived at my friend's house.

When I was in high school, one of my English teachers told me to go and sit with nature. Not just being it, but to engage in it. To turn off all electronic devices, to take the watch off, and to sit and be one with the world for least a half hour. I sat there for an unknown amount of time, wrote my assignment about it, and realized immediately that this experience has changed my life completely and for the better. It is the reason why I'm so obsessed with being outdoors in nature and Hiking now.

And so when I got to the area of Wiconisco, we went hiking in Bear Valley. It was pretty much a straight shot up one trail. If we would have taken the trail ten miles we would have eventually reached a fire lookout. We hiked for about 2 miles before turning around, enveloped by forest on either side.

After this, we spend a lazy afternoon at my friend's girlfriend's place, relaxing with homemade pizza, mountain pies, and lemonade. Many good laughs were shared, and even if it isnt a high caliber adventure that I usually take, it was much needed for R&R. Until the next adventure... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment