Hot New Sales!

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

The Wonders of Couchsurfing

Have you ever been in a pinch and needing somewhere cheap to stay when traveling around? Or have plans suddenly changed and you've come somewhere and have a day or two where you have nowhere to stay? And when they did, did you wish you have a random person's couch or futon to cash on at no cost?

Okay, maybe just me. And the 14 million others that use it.

Couchsurfing was started by a bg roup of guys who were tired of having to pay for lodging when they were traveling and also wanted a cool new way to meet people. And so, Couchsurfing was born.

To be a member on couchsurfing, you simply need to sign up and list your place as being available to stay at. From there, you can choose to host people (if your housemates are alright with it), is say that you are 'maybe' or 'not' accepting guests. From here, you can build a network, meet other surfers, and best of all, find places to stay when traveling.

When I wrote this post, I'd only stayed with two couchsurfing hosts. Both people were lovely human beings who offered me food and drink and welcomed me in after long days of traveling in Scandinavia. I felt right at home, like I was catching up with an old friend - and not once did I feel like my safety was jeopardised.

So folks, don't knock it until you try it. It could be your ticket to traveling the world at large without having to worry about breaking the bank finding places to stay if you're open to the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment